Mastering English writing skill
Hi readers,
I've been trying to improve my English since in school. But I think, my English writing skill way more better when I was school girl rather than now.
Oh please believe me, this is Haniza, trying so hard typing English sentences.
Adehh.
So here I want to share tips from Mr. Stephen Gilbert, Former Elementary School Teacher and Principal taken from Quora.com. I love reading from Quora.com. They discuss mostly about everything. You guys have a look on it too, ok?
Here are the tips that Mr. Stephen shared,
So how do you get better? I’d suggest three things to do, and do a lot.
- Read, and read some more, and be sure that you include books and articles by people who are good writers. The more you read the more you’ll be exposed to good writing. Some of that will sink in. The best writers are always voracious readers.
- Write, and write some more. Becoming a good writer is like becoming a good basketball player. You need lots of practice. So write in a variety of different genres. Write stories. Write essays. Write letters. Just write.
- Revise your writing. Even when I write emails, I read back through them to make sure that they make sense, and yes that includes mistakes in grammar or word choice. By the time I publish a book, I’ve probably re-written it twenty times, sometimes looking for grammatical errors, sometimes to determine whether the story flows, etc. Often I’ll put my book down for a while, and then approach it as if I’m reading it for the first time and judge it as I would any other piece of writing.
Comments
Post a Comment